So you know your CSS. You have you xhtml down, even are up on HTML5. But Drupal throws so much other stuff at you. What do you do? Where do you start?
This session provides an overview of how themes work in Drupal. The technical architecture may seem complex, but it's actually quite simple once you grasp the concepts and structures.
Topics covered include:
* Core templates and how they work together
* Most-used templates and the variables available
* Overriding templates for common use cases
* The Drupal design patterns you will need to design and theme for (whether you like it or not)
* Changes between Drupal 6 and Drupal 7
* Modules that make theming easier and/or more powerful
* The parent-child theme thing
* Working with module templates, including Views and CCK
* Gotchas, tips and tricks